Christina Stone is a climate change communications specialist with a Masters of Environmental Management from the Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies. Her master’s project, Common Ground, is on Vimeo as well as our Blog and Project pages.
Christina has plans for narrative, documentary and adventure films while dovetailing her film career with her goals in environmental communication. She is currently working on a feature-length documentary, Common Ground, which looks at climate change communication and calls for significant reform in how we communicate controversial science.
Christina received her Wilderness First Responder and CPR certifications in March of 2017. Next, she intends to pursue certifications and licenses for rope rescue, rock and ice climbing, diving, and professional driving. She is also considering joining a volunteer search and rescue team. Christina is trained in martial arts and has experience in snowboarding, skiing, water-skiing, top rope climbing and all-terrain driving.
Christina was in military intelligence for nine years, and served as a staff sergeant for about five years before leaving the Air Force in 2013. In the same month, she graduated summa cum laude from the University of Maryland University College with a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management. Originally from a small prairie town in southeastern Saskatchewan, Christina spent nearly her entire childhood in Canada after moving from North Dakota as a baby.
Idealist Productions Consulting
Christina offers communication consulting services for organizations and professionals seeking to refine, adapt, improve, or replace their communication strategies. Her services are available for projects ranging from one-time consultations to designing communication strategies for entire organizations.
She focuses on balancing the needs of stakeholders with the goals of the project or organization, while taking into account financial, social, and environmental bottom lines and brand/image management. She assesses target audiences and media resources available and designs a comprehensive communication strategy that is adaptable for different audiences and communication tools, for example: social media, hard-copy print media, video production/distribution, and conferences.
- Common Ground (2017) [Environmental Documentary] Watch Here | Trailer
- Deadfall [Feature Screenplay, Thriller]
- The Man from Everywhere (2016) [Emotional Drama] Watch Here
Official Selection: 2016 Back in the Box competition
Official Selection: 2017 Hobnobben Film Festival
- Sparkle (2016) [Documentary]
- Killing Time (2015) [Dark Comedy] Trailer
Assistant Director/Casting Manager/Set Design
Official Selection: 2016 Hoboken International Film Festival
Nominated: Best Short Short
Official Selection: 2017 Milledgeville Film Festival
Common Ground Trailer:
Film Demo Reel:
My Summer in Alaska (Idealist Productions Blog)
Skills & Interests:
- Certifications: Wilderness First Responder (March 2017), CPR (March 2017)
- Languages: Languages: English, Pashto (professional working proficiency), French (elementary proficiency)
Spanish, Persian, Arabic (high level of familiarity, able to learn quickly if needed)
- Technical skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Final Cut Pro X, WordPress, Drupal, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Acrobat), Google Apps Suite, Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), Photography, Cinematography
- Interests: Snowboarding, bodybuilding, martial arts, surfing, kitesurfing, wakeboarding, all-season camping & hiking, scuba diving, skydiving, all-terrain driving, bouldering, climbing, ice climbing, wilderness medicine
- Yale University, School of Forestry & Environmental Studies New Haven, CT
Master of Environmental Management, 2017
Focus: Environmental Communication, Journalism & Film
Masters Project: Common Ground: A provocative feature film about climate change communication
- University of Maryland University College Adelphi, MD
Bachelor of Science, Environmental Management, summa cum laude, 2013
- Defense Language Institute, Foreign Language Center Monterey, CA
Associate of Arts, Pashto-Afghan, 2010
- Air University, Community College of the Air Force Maxwell Air Force Base, AB
Associate of Science, Communications Applications Technology, 2009
United States Air Force, Military Intelligence, 2004-2013
Mission Supervisor/Instructor/Senior Linguist/Intelligence Analyst
- Exercised local command authority during U.S. military intelligence missions overseeing the safety of International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) personnel and equipment in Afghanistan; trained incoming mission supervisors, analysts and linguists
- Performed language & intelligence analysis and reporting during reconnaissance operations supporting allied forces in Afghanistan
- Led over 100 military professionals in 15-member teams in high-stress and emotionally draining environments
- Oversaw mission crew health and safety; conducted daily emergency response preparedness evaluations, maintained control during emergencies and exercises
- Managed operational and training projects; oversaw long-term (6 months+) projects, supervised short-term projects until successful completion; team sizes: 5 to 30 members
- Developed training programs, course curriculums and training & evaluation materials for nine positions in high-priority intelligence missions
- Managed training for up to 75 military professionals and nine high-priority intelligence mission positions